Likes don’t always equal donations. So here’s some tips on how to get folks to support you through social media.
Facebook is a great place to jumpstart your fundraising:
- Announce your campaign and share why you are fundraising for Ulman.
- Share a personal photo or video.
- Update your followers with your progress and tag donors to thank them.
- Consider offering an incentive to encourage donations – “For every $25 donated, I will post an embarrassing photo!”
- Always include your fundraising page link!
Instagram is a space for engaging your community and documenting your efforts.
- Use Instagram stories to announce your fundraising and keep followers updated on your progress.
- Be sure to tag your donors in stories & posts to thank them.
- Include your fundraising link in your instagram bio.
Twitter can help keep followers updated and sharing your experience
- Use Twitter to post frequent updates about your fundraising and progress.
- Share your cancer connection in a Twitter thread to engage more people.
- Tag companies that have supported you.
- Include your fundraising link in your Twitter bio.
Linkedin can be used to communicating with your professional network about your fundraising.
- Use Linkedin to share what you’ve learned from fundraising and how it’s impacted you professionally or personally.
- Be sure to tag your donors or companies that have supported you.
- Include Ulman as a volunteer experience or cause you support.